Working closely with Donor Development Manager, this full-time position (37.5 hours per week) assists in building support and increasing capacity for Community Action’s mission and programs. This position is responsible for overseeing the agency’s donor database, maintaining accurate donor records, and producing detailed reports.
The Development Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating the private foundation application and management process, including identification of new funding sources, writing grants and reports, building and maintaining relationships with foundation representatives, as well as producing accurate and timely reports to funders. This position contributes to donor cultivation and stewardship efforts as outlined in the donor development plan including donor correspondence, timely acknowledgement of all gifts, communication strategies, and provides logistical support for all development activities.
Recruitment is open until position is filled. Priority consideration will be given to application packets received by
5 pm on Friday, July 13, 2018. Compensation range: $17.18 to $18.73 plus benefits, DOQ
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Database Management: Provide general administration and manage ongoing development of the donor database system to meet the organization’s mission. Manage proper utilization of the database, including overseeing the use and maintenance of data, documentation and reports; develop and provide training and ongoing support when needed; and provide technical solutions.
- Foundation Relations: Coordinate the private grants program including prospect research, scheduling, writing proposals and reports, stewarding gifts, and tracking grant progress in collaboration with Development team, Finance, and program staff. Collect outcomes data from program staff to create reports and feed into annual report. Ensure compliance with grant reporting requirements.
- Donor Cultivation and Stewardship: Assist in donor development communications and outreach activities,provide tools and systems for staff and board to use in cultivation and solicitation efforts (e.g. donor calls,visits, correspondence) and track activity in database, and ensure effective communication with donors in accordance with the development plan. Assist with bi-annual newsletter, annual solicitations and special solicitations, as well as oversee bulk mailing process.
- Event Coordination: Provide support for outreach and fundraising activities such as annual fundraising events, small group socials, house parties, etc., including promotion, marketing, sponsorships, logistics,venue relations, and ticket sales as appropriate.
- Other Development and Agency Activities: Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management. Participate in agency/team meetings and trainings, as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- 2-4 years of fundraising or other relevant experience preferred;
- Or a combination of education and experience providing the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must have strong and effective communication skills (oral and written) for a variety of audiences.
- Experience using databases to source and track prospect and donor information preferred; knowledge of DonorPerfect and Qgiv preferred
- Excellent project management skills, including consistently meeting deadlines
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure and to move from task to task with frequent interruptions
- Experience in customer service and interpersonal skills that include proper etiquette in social and business situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and technologies (phone, computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, fax machine, calculator) is needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with people from varied cultural, socioeconomic, educational and experiential backgrounds.
- Critical thinker, able to analyze and interpret data, and relate to strategic plans.
- Work independently and within a team, with initiative, yet accept direction.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must have valid driver license and auto liability insurance, if personal vehicle is used for work - related travel.
- Must undergo background check as required by Child/Adult Abuse Act.
Please provide all items requested to the address below. Consideration will be given to application packets that are received by the closing date and that contain (1) a completed Community Action Application for Employment form*, (2) your resume, and (3) a letter of interest identifying the position for which you are applying and describing how you meet the qualifications for the position.
- Employment@CommunityActionSkagit.org, or
- Community Action of Skagit County, 330 Pacific Place, Mount Vernon, WA, 98273.
Community Action of Skagit County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you require accommodation in the application process, please contact us at the Employment email address shown above or (360) 416-7585.
Community Action of Skagit County reserves the right to extend application deadlines and to modify the
selection schedule without notice, to form eligibility lists for, or make appointments to, other positions with
similar employment requirements.
*Application forms and job announcements are available at the above address and also at our website, www.CommunityActionSkagit.org.